A strong immune system will speed the healing of wounds. There are many natural preparations that can assist in treating cuts, wounds, tears and bruising.
- Many vitamins and minerals are recommended to support the immune system particularly vitamins E, C, zinc and selenium.
- Calendula tincture or cream has soothing and antiseptic properties.
- Bathing in tea tree and lavender essential oils will help heal external wounds.
- Tea tree and lavender can be used neat on wounds to clean and heal. Lavender is particularly noted for its action on burns and insect bites. Both these oils can be used to prepare a douche to heal stitches following tearing or episiotomy.
- The homeopathic remedy arnica, recommended to heal bruising, is available as a gel, cream or in tablet form to be taken orally.
- Applying alternate hot and cold compresses can alleviate bruising. This increases local circulation bringing more blood, oxygen and nutrients to the area.
- Maintaining a balanced diet and a high water intake will aid recovery.