Your vagina may change colour due to hormones and increased blood flow. Discharge is normal but may be more noticeable in the latter stages. If the discharge is smelly, itchy or blood stained, contact your health professional immediately.
- Follow the advice for thrush to reduce your intake of yeast or mucus-forming foods.
- Bathing in tea tree and lavender essential oils (two drops each in a bath) can treat the external genital area. Alternatively, prepare a douche to wash the affected area.
- AVOID using tampons as this carries an increased risk of ascending infection.
- Avoid wearing nylon underpants. Use cotton instead.
- Self help acupressure point Bladder 23 and Bladder 47