There are several benefits to massaging your baby..and your baby will love it!
Baby massage provides a perfect opportunity to share moments of intimacy, direct physical contact and positive interaction. It helps you both build trust and confidence in each other. Massage is mutually enhancing and the physical and emotional benefits for your baby are abundant.
- Encourages muscle co-ordination
- Promotes sleep
- Relieves pain
- Soothes irritations and inflammations
- Stimulates you baby’s immune system
- Helps circulation
- Aids digestion
- Encourages bowel function
- Nourishes the skin
- Cleanses the skin
- Increases flexibility
- Enhances emotional security
Do not carry out massage if your baby:
- Is ill
- Is asleep
Is obviously in pain
- Has just eaten
- Has just been immunised (wait two days for any reaction, then avoid massaging the injection site for a week)
- Has a reactive skin disorder
- Some homeopathic medications should not be used with aromatherapy essential oils. Check with your naturopath. A natural base oil can be used on its own.