Ten fabulous reasons for being a dad.
Fathers say that hearing their child call them ‘dad’ for the first time is a most awe-inspiring experience. A child gives love unconditionally and teaches you the art of unconditional giving. Here are some more fabulous reasons for being a dad:
- you are able to become a kid again
- allows you to appreciate what your own parents have done for you
- enhances your sense of purpose and responsibility
- constantly challenges and reassesses your values in life
- adds grounding and perspective to your life
- provides an opportunity to explore activities that you missed as a child
- creates a renewed and positive focus
- offers a chance to invest emotionally and psychologically in shaping your child’s future
- teaches you the value of positive interaction
- provides proof that your sperm work!
British superstar "Naked" chef Jamie Oliver, still barefoot in the kitchen, sums up his experience of entering the realm of parenthood as such: "Becoming a father is the best thing I have ever done. Even before the birth, when Jules was pregnant, I began to think differently – it was less about me and more about the future of my family. I suppose it gives you a different set of priorities. It’s been amazing, really amazing."